Today – 24th Feb 2012 – the buzz in Mumbai (Bombay) is that a guy hugged and kissed a friend casually and WHOA NELLLY! The cops charged him with a fine and accused him of perverting as this was against Indian Culture! REALLY???
India has reached a global platform wherein we invite or rather welcome all western or eastern traditions with open arms. But, I believe it is only and only for Money, investments and business…
However, whatever the reasons you cannot deny the fact that this mixing up of cultures will definitely influence the youth gradually, creating a more evolved generation!
It’s OK to hug…
It’s OK to Kiss…
Please, understand we are not in 1947 anymore…please unleash us (the youth) Let us express our love to each other!
Indian Culture is definitely rich in context and we Love it! Admire It…but as soon as we are policed and fined for such trivial reasons it does not make me Proud to be an Indian!
Look at the amount of Garbage on the streets, beaches, the corruption is really out there and a common man is being fined for hugs and kisses!
This is really outrageous! Why don’t you Mr. Police go and stop the rape cases all around India first!
And then come to me for a Fine receipt for hugging or Kissing a fellow friend!
I will do what the heck I want to do as long as it’s not vulgar or criminal or consensual!
Who gives the police the right to stop me from HUGGING another Person!
Why are we so anti – progress when we force our children to think big! And study abroad but we don’t want the side effects! We want to completely abstain our janta from everything!
First it was no socializing post 12:00 am, then no holding hands, then no kissing…soon they are trying to censor our rights to write or express on Social Media..
The question goes to us citizens – Is this really democracy or is this a disguise?
Indian culture is so progressive that a hypocrite will never be able to handle it!
Not even my conservative Mother will! With Khajurao in our country why the heck are we being Policed to such a level!
Are we rats living in rat holes and this Govt. a bloody greedy and Hungry Tom Cat! I My guess – HECK YEAH!
I say Hug everyone you see around you and kiss who you want! Lets fight back!
I’am not giving up this for Indian Culture! Coz I’am clear how amazing my Indian Culture really is! The Moral Police needs a lesson or two about it for sure!
~ Love, Kiss and Hug!
I think police had done very good job. We are human not dogs at all. We have rights but we cant do such thing in pubic. I will give you a address of one part which is made for children and family but you can go and see what young generation do in front of children. It is india and we have to follow our culture i think the more forward ppl have to stay in US only as there are no any limitation....
ReplyDeleteHemant: I know what you are talking about and personally I am also absolutely against "That level of obsceinity" however, a peck on the cheek and a friendly hug is not worth a fine! and our Indian culture is rich and we youth absolutely respect it! but fining for such trivial issues is just too mach na?
Deleteyeah i am agree with you hug and kiss on chick is fine i dont have any objection on that....but that should be some limit i guess. You can see in auto, in park and even the girls who are in just school level they openly express love this is age for education rite? if you agree with me.
Deleteif we give some of relief they take more and go beyond the limit. I request please also write one blog about education, how to behave in park and in open public space for couple. Otherwise there will no leaders in future for science, medical, business. For you information US and UK people also adopt our lifestyle, they give value to our morals.....